After finding a new home, you are beyond excited to get settled in. However, before you can do that, you must first find a respected and trusted moving company. The good news is that you have a wide selection of local movers. The bad news is that not all of them provide the same type or caliber of service. To weed out good movers from bad, there are a number of important questions that you should ask prior to locking into a contract.
Although there are other things that you may want answers to, the following questions are considered the most important when searching for the best local movers.
- How long has your business been established? You want to consider only local movers that have significant history in the storage and moving industry. This is not to say that a newcomer would be a bad choice, just that companies with a history of providing excellent services are more likely to meet, if not exceed, all of your expectations.
- What is the background of the movers that would help with my move? – Again, someone new to the industry could provide great services, but those with experience know how to handle items, especially those of a delicate nature. They also know how to present themselves in a professional manner while on the job.
- Does your company have any designations or is it associated with certain associations? Having designations or being connected to well-respected associations provides you greater peace of mind that the local movers are serious about what they do. In both instances, the moving companies go beyond normal training to ensure they offer only the best services.
- Will your company provide an on-site assessment? The only way for you to get an accurate quote from local movers is if the companies send out a representative to perform an on-site evaluation. By assessing virtually every room and outbuilding, you will get a quote that ensures you are not overcharged.
- Does your company have any package deals or specials? Most local movers do more than just move household belongings. In addition to moving, most offer services for packing and unpacking as well as sell boxes and other supplies required for the move. The goal is to determine if you can save money without compromising on the quality of service by taking advantage of a package deal or special offer.
- What type and amount of insurance coverage does your company provide? Make sure that you confirm any local movers being considered have proper protection in the form of insurance. If not, consider this a red flag.