What to Expect When Hiring a Professional Moving Company
Posted on: April 13, 2017 |
Anytime you hire a professional company, you expect the best. The same holds true when hiring a moving company. However, if you have never moved or have always depended on friends to help you relocate, you may not know what to expect. With the information provided, you will have better insight, which will help you choose the right company.
- Professionalism and Courtesy – From your very first phone call, the company representative should be professional and courteous. That means greeting you with a cheerful voice, being patient in answering any questions that you might have, and making suggestions applicable to your move. That same professionalism and courtesy should extend to anyone else that you speak with or meet in person from the company.
- In-Home Assessment – The only way that a moving company can provide an accurate estimate as to the cost of the move is to perform an in-home assessment. This includes looking at your belongings in the living area of the home, as well as the attic, basement, crawlspace, garage, and any outside buildings or sheds.
- Estimate in Writing – Once the in-home assessment is complete, the moving company representative should provide you with an estimate in writing. If a different dollar amount is quoted later on although none of the chosen services were changed, you have a good argument in the form of the estimate.
- Negotiations – While some movers are set in the services provided and the rates charged, most professional companies are willing to negotiate to some point in an effort to secure your business. For example, if you are interested in add-on packing services but have a large volume of items that need to be boxed, you may be able to negotiate a discounted price.
- Insurance and Licensing – A legitimate moving company will have the proper insurance in place and licensing secured. As the customer, you have the right to ask about both, even requesting to see proof. Companies on the up-and-up are more than happy to oblige.
- Safe and Secure Services – The moving company that you hire should take every precaution to ensure that your goods are moved from one location to another without being damaged, lost, or destroyed.
- Follow-Up – For some reason, many professional businesses overlook the importance of customer follow-up. For the movers that you hire, you should expect a follow-up phone call or visit. This shows that the company is invested in your satisfaction.
For More information about professional moving companies or to request a free moving quote contact Advantage Moving and Storage Algonquin, IL today.