When it comes to commercial movers, you probably have a lot of questions. Especially if you have never used moving services for your business, there are some important factors to consider. The following list represents some of the most commonly asked questions, thereby making it easier for you to choose the best moving company.
- Do commercial movers work on the weekends? – While some moving companies have restricted hours, most not only work on the weekends but also during evening hours. The best movers work hard to accommodate their customers, and therefore, they offer flexibility.
- Is it more expensive to move on the weekends or after regular business hours? – The top commercial movers remain consistent on pricing, meaning that you would likely not pay anything extra. However, once you narrow your choice of moving companies down to three or four, make sure you confirm the overall cost. In most cases, extra charges come from moving items up and down stairs, using elevators, dealing with tight or narrow spaces, and so on as opposed to the time of day or night the movers work.
- Do commercial movers have the right qualifications to pack, load, and transport computers and other sensitive electronic equipment? – They do, and in fact, most have specialists who deal specifically with IT equipment. Along with getting the equipment to the new location, they have the necessary skills to set everything up correctly. As a result, you experience less downtime.
- Do commercial movers assist with planning and organizing? – Fortunately, the best movers will assign a project manager to work alongside you and your staff throughout every stage of the move. Because the movers have extensive training and experience, they help streamline the entire process.
- Are last minute changes acceptable? – Not only are last minute changes acceptable, but they are anticipated. Commercial movers know that things arise at the last minute, and with a dedicated team, making changes is never an issue.
- How is existing furniture handled when buying new pieces for the office? – The answer to this depends on what you prefer. For instance, you can sell your current furniture to a private party or via an auction before moving, you or the moving company can take the pieces to a donation or recycling facility, or if preferred, the team of movers can put some or all of the items in storage on your behalf.