Are you fed up enough with your current office space to be looking for commercial movers? Before moving your office to a different location, make sure the timing is right. If you move too soon, you could end up with unused space and a more expensive lease. On the other hand, if you wait too long, you might find yourself locked into a lengthy contract, have frustrated employees, or perhaps miss an opportunity on the perfect building. Finding the right time for your company to move is as important as finding commercial movers who can help you. Consider these factors and which are most important to you:
- Inadequate Space – If your business has grown to the point that you no longer have adequate room for people to work, then a move is inevitable. Employees working in cramped quarters get frustrated, and can have increasingly poor interactions. You might see this reflected in lower productivity, increased mistakes, or a hostile interpersonal environment.
- Lack of Organization – Each department or task needs its own work area in order to stay organized. This can impact recordkeeping, the efficiency of employees, and the ability to onboard new employees in a clear and methodical way. When the office becomes cluttered and chaotic, you might find yourself online searching for commercial movers out of desperation!
- Client-Friendly Environment – As part of growing your business, you want to make a good impression on both prospects and current customers. If your current space has become cluttered or overfull to the point that it affects the professionalism of your company, you need to move.
- Wrong Location – Having your company too far from customers, vendors, and other contacts makes it hard to conduct business. If you are far from other commercial centers, there may be an impact on which clients are willing to travel to you; if you are far from residential centers, there may be an impact on which potential employees are willing to commute to you. Consider surveying your current clientele and employee pool in order to spot location trends and see if a change of neighborhood is needed.
- Saving Money – Many factors impact your lease cost, including how close to an urban or downtown area you are, how new your building is, or how many amenities are close by (like public transit or shopping centers). Make a list of what is most important to you and how you conduct your business, and then use that list to help you identify locations that fulfill those needs but might be more cost effective in other areas.
There are many local movers, but none beat Advantage Moving and Storage when it comes to quality service and competitive prices. Call today to talk to experienced commercial movers who are committed to serving your business needs