With the information provided, your search for free moving quotes will be easier. Every company has unique pricing. For that reason, you want to research several options before signing a contract.
Moving Quotes: Helpful Tips
For both residential and commercial moves, consider the following:
- Company Reputation – Before obtaining quotes, conduct research for companies with solid reputations. Most of the information is available through an online search, but you can also contact companies and ask questions. Make sure you get quotes from companies that have all required accreditations and permits, as well as a positive Better Business Bureau and/or Angie’s List rating. While you can research companies on your own, never hesitate to ask family members, friends, co-workers, and neighbors for recommendations based on their personal experiences.
- Package Deals – As part of receiving free moving quotes from at least four companies, you need to ask about package deals. For example, some companies offer free boxes, dollies, pads, and other moving items while others charge a fee. You need specific information about what each package deal includes and any associated fees
- Add-On Fees – Unfortunately, many moving companies do not reveal every fee charged. Some companies have add-on fees for going up more than one flight of stairs or transporting expensive furniture or fragile items. By asking about hidden fees, you can make a well-informed decision
- Insurance and Liability – When getting free moving quotes, determine who is liable in the event something is damaged. For instance, if transporting expensive furniture or fragile items, you need to know how much insurance coverage the moving company provides, if any. If inadequate, you can purchase coverage on your own.
- Refund Policy – Be sure you understand each company’s refund policy in the event that you need to cancel. Sometimes, cancellation is required due to injury, sickness, death, and other factors out of your control. Therefore, find out how much lead-time is required for cancellation and if your money will be fully or partially refunded if you adhere to the rules.
- Estimated Quotes – When asking for free moving quotes, be careful with estimates. Usually, moving companies offer estimates without seeing the items being moved. Instead, they provide quotes based on the size of the home or business. To ensure an estimated quote is close to what it will actually cost, it is always best to request an on-site visit.
To receive a free moving quote today or to speak with one of our moving specialists at Advantage moving and Storage contact us today.